Friday, December 17, 2010

....it's been awhile

So it's been awhile since anything was really posted on this here blog. I don't even have any excuses like I've been busy or anything. Because really I'm not busy at all.
Everything has pretty much fallen into routine. I'm at school from 8:30 to 4:30...ish...most days. At night I sit around, bake cookies...that sort of thing.


This is Jochiwon from the top of a mountain somewhere above town. In the bottom left corner just above the treeline you can see my building...aaaand that's my building from my old building....

My new apartment is bigger than the old one which would be great except that I don't really know what to do with all the space when I don't have anything to fill it with. The only furniture I have in the main room is a tv, my desk, and tiny table with an oven on top of it. Very...homey, what can I say.
So the weeks are fairly normal. And so are the weekends. A couple of times to Seoul, a few times to Daejeon, up a mountain or two, and making the trek to Homeplus and back. 



Our first weekend in Seoul was...an adventure. We did the tourist thing and looked at some palaces and such, climbed a mountain unnecessarily, saw a pretty awesome traditional dancing show thing and shared a hostel room with a Mexican Tae Kwon Do team. Overall a pretty interesting weekend.

A couple of weeks later we trekked up Obangsan Mountain outside of Jochiwon with Brian and Jeremy, a couple of Americans who taught at Korea University. It was pretty awesome except that we had to go over three other mountains to get there.



I think the sign on the....left is for the mountain....






There was a lovely little gazebo at the top and pretty awesome views in either direction.

Nothing much to report otherwise. I guess that's a good thing. I mean it's not like North Korea has invaded yet....just the students being drilled on what to do if anything does happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment