Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Relocation

It's Thursday of my first official week of teaching. It's been....an experience. The kids here are really great and the whole week has been pretty awesome. I've met other foreigners and even some Koreans who speak English, which is always good. Everything was going really well and then my co-teacher threw on me yesterday that I was going to be moved from my cozy little apartment into something....new.

I'm not going to lie I was a little freaked out. I wasn't really sure what was going to happen and I was finally feeling nice and comfy in my 'flat'.

My co-teacher took me for a drive to see if we could find the building. We trucked around a kind of sketchy part of town and I was getting more and more anxious. I was happy where I was but it was not possible to stay there because it was the higher-ups who decided this. Mrs. Shin gave trying to find the 'Seyoung' building and we started to head back to my apartment. And then she spotted it.

Let's just say I'm not so anxious anymore.

The building is new, and owned by the father of a student at the school. The apartment is bigger and, best of all, I think it even has an oven! Clearly the only thing lacking in my current space.

The big move will be in December, so I'm going to be packing my backs and heading South, a couple of blocks.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Moving up in the world is always nice, especially when it doesn't cost you a lot of money :P

    ReplyDelete