Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Remembrance and chocolate

On this day: Remembrance day in Canada, Veteran's day is the US, and Pepero day in Korea.

For myself, remembrance day was always very emotional. The last four years the Redeemer choir sang at the memorial service at the Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton and the songs we sang for that service have been going through my head all day. The pieces chosen for that event all seemed to touch my soul in a different way.

I listened to those pieces on my way to school this morning.


I arrived at school and I discovered it is Pepero day in South Korea today. A sort of valentines day where students give their teachers and each other a popular Korean snack called Pepero: a stick covered in chocolate. The students were flooding the office all morning to give their favourite teachers some pepero and every was happy and cheerful about this holiday.

Way to ruin the mood, Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment