Sunday, February 27, 2011

Home again, home again...

While some people might beg to differ as to where my home is for all intents and purposes my home is Korea, at least for the next nine-ish months and now, after a nice, semi-relaxing holiday, I'm on my way back.

Paris was...an experience...one that I can't quite describe completely. I had a wonderful time hanging out with April and Erica and indulging in a bit of touring. The Eiffel Tower, with it's over 6 million visitors per year was a sight to see at night...not so much during the day. The Arc de Triomphe is much larger than you'd think and might just be more spectacular than the Eiffel Tower, in my opinion at least. I learned that there is more to see at the Louvre than just the Mona Lisa and that the Musee d'Orsay has the most impressive collection of paintings I've ever seen (impressive...hehehe).

And yet the entire time I was worried about pickpockets and scammers and that realisation that I'm slowly forgetting even the most basic historical information. Maybe I should rethink my chosen career path.....

Either way I'm happy to be sitting the airport once more, exactly a week later. The French have managed to wheedle a little more money out of me before I leave by not having free wireless at the airport but I can't help but not care.

I'm just glad to be going home.

Auvoir Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment