Sunday, February 20, 2011

Moscow

And here I am. After a grueling ten hour flight I have made it to Moscow. Really not the most pleasant city in the world, not going to lie. There's a kind of haze that seems to be permanently settled over the city and it brings to mind movie like the Matrix, or maybe just the left over Cold War atmosphere that's still kicking around. But I don't have to stay here long.

Sadly I have a bad relationship with airports. Upon my arrival at Incheon airport in Seoul I went the wrong way to find the check-in counter. Then I walked twice as far as necessary to find my gate...and then back when I realised I was reading my boarding pass wrong. If only that were the end of it. Arriving in Moscow was fine, no problems, but again, I read the boarding pass wrong and headed for gate 36 instead of 26. Unfortunately not only did I have to retrace my steps but I had to go further because gate 26 is in a whole separate wing of the terminal. Sad day for Becca...although not altogether unusual for Becca either.

Two things made my trek through the airport more enjoyable. One, in my travels I passes, twice, a gate for a KLM flight to Amsterdam. Never have I ever been so happy to see/hear Dutch people. It warmed my little heart. Two, never have I ever been so happy to see the puffy, over-sized, Michelin man coats that the Koreans all wear. After being surrounded by Russians it was nice to see something familiar. Especially since people were starting to look at me funny for bowing to everyone....

I seriously need this vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment