Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Almost there....

Another small update on how things are going....mostly in response to having people ask me, wherever I go: Why are you still here, or, why haven't you left yet, or, shouldn't you not be here?

And it's always great being greeted with "Just leave already" by a certain someone....you know who you are.

And then there's asking if I'm going to North or South Korea. Seriously? You're asking that? Get real people. North Korea. Obvi.

Not.

Things are a little behind where I'd like them to be due to the negligence of a certain professor who was supposed to hand me a reference. But all if forgiven....mostly and I've moved on. My hope is by tomorrow to have sent my package of goodies to my employers who will do some strange Korean magic to said goodies and send them back to me, ready for Visa approval. Once I get them back I can go immediately to the Korean Consulate in Toronto (nice place by the way. Classy building and landscaping and stuff. Gets my hopes up for their country) where my Visa will be applied for. 5 to 10 business days later I should have my visa in my hand and be on my way to leaving this county for awhile.

My plan is to leave as soon as I get my visa and stay with Kristin for a bit. Otherwise I'll be arriving just in time to start teaching strange boys in a strange country with no orientation whatsoever.

Sounds fun.

Not.

Maybe North Korea doesn't sound so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment