Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Time has Come

And here I sit. The bags have been packed, the goodbyes said, and my trip has finally begun.

Maybe finally is the wrong word.

As I sit here in gate # C35 with the old ladies chattering behind me and the kid screaming in front of me I realise just how lost I'm going to be in a country where I don't understand even one word of the language. And I haven't even left the country yet.

Back to the finally bit.

It seems like I've been preparing for the this trip for a very long time now. It was strange today to actually tell people that I knew when I was going, instead of just "when I get my visa" because I have not only my visa but my plane ticket and boarding pass as well.

huzzah.

Ok, so the enthusiasm that is flowing over resembles a plugged toilet, but I'm trying.

The pilot has trotted by followed by the flight attendants with their awesome kerchiefs. Time to prepare to board this flight.

Korea, here I come.

Better watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment