Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Affection

The boys at my school are very...physically affectionate. When I first arrived it was....a little shocking. By now I've gotten used to it...at least I thought I was.

Just the other day there was more...loving behaviour.

A particularly earnest student was sitting in the front of the class. His friend, a not to earnest student, walked in late and promptly sat at the back of the class. The earnest one decided he preferred to sit with his friend than in the front desk by himself. He moved back quickly and before long they were chatting together as they usually do when they sit together. I figured I would put a stop to it right away. I went to their desks and asked the more earnest student, let's call him Kim, to move away from his friend, Choi, and come back to the front.

Kim's reaction to leaving his friend? Kissing him on the cheek, looking him in the eye, and saying goodbye as if they'd never see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment