Monday, June 27, 2011

A Rich Man's World

One downside about Korea is the lack of higher denominations in bills. They have 1000, 5000, 10,000, and 50,000 won bills but no higher. The 50,000 won bills are only distributed are very specific ATMs and are difficult to get rid of because many stores will refuse to take them...not that I blame them.

At the bank today I withdrew a certain amount of money to pay my bills (give the bill and the money to the bank people and voila! bill paid). Unfortunately my hands were full and...let's face it, I'm a klutz, and I dropped all the money in my hands, including the change in my wallet which also fell, on the floor....

Amazingly, even with 3 people helping me pick up my money, every last cent was returned to me.

Makes me wonder if that would happen if this happened anywhere else....

No comments:

Post a Comment