Thursday, June 23, 2011

Taste Testing

 I just completed a lesson on taste with my C level, 2-9 class. The different tastes we were studying were:
Sweet
Spicy
Salty
Bitter
Minty
Bland

The hot peppers used for taste testing were eaten with laughs and the occasional, "Oh teacher, hot." ( they took the rather large bag of peppers with them after class with glee).

The Cinnamon gum was carefully distributed to the students before it could be stolen.

The sweet cookie and chocolate was easy and raided while I wasn't looking.

The Pringles ended up on the floor in the rush.

The Rice cake was politely offered to me and my co-teacher when I said they could have it.

The Spearmint gum either wasn't minty enough or it was too spicy for the 2 different students who were tasting it

The black coffee was the novelty of the day. Classified as bitter I gave it to the first student. He asked if I wanted him to die.

Their response when I told them that a lot of people in North America drink black coffee was: "Teacher...Canada people...crazy."

No comments:

Post a Comment