Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dear Korea.

Dear Korea

I don't know if you got the memo but, it's only just barely June. It should NOT be this humid so far from the equator. Seriously, get with the times.

Sincerely,

Disgruntled.



As you might have guessed from the letter above...it's really hot here. Hot for me, anyways. I never enjoyed humid weather and seeing how it's only supposed to get hotter...well, we'll see exactly how I feel when that occurs.

Life continues on as per usual though. The days fly by, especially with how insanely busy I am these days. 10 hours at school today and teaching just about every minute of them. Tiring, but hopefully worth it. The competition is in a week and a half. Frankly, I don't know if I'll be able to last until then. But, there's a nice long weekend in between with some promised fun to be had.

But the flowers continue to bloom, the kids continue to be delinquent (as was particularly noticeable today when a bunch were lined and given a breathaliser test) and good times continue to be had.


A charming blue door. I pass this every day on my way into town. The blue door is less awesome when you see that roof is the same colour....but at least the green roof is natural...


 Flowers in a junkyard. This little lean to type house is just behind my building. The rest of the property is a junkyard, literally, but this just seems like a little bit of heaven.

Bright red roses on a gloomy day. They sure brightened it up for me. Ten hours of straight teaching was rough but these flowers were a nice pick me up for the walk home.

Yes, this is my name in Korean. Contrary to what my students think, I do know how to spell it....and what it sounds like when they say it.




  A nice little rice field...one of a few that surround my school.

The Joch at night from the roof of my building. A nice little sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment