Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Sleeper

I arrived at my after school class yesterday to the usual scene of chaos. One small thing was different though. One boy lay asleep on his desk. This was unusual for the after school class but he was less distracting than the other little devils running around so I left him alone, figuring he was one of the students in my class.

We were watching a movie for that class so I sat in the back to monitor cell phone usage of my extremely plugged in students (by the end of class I had collected at least 8 phones).

The movie reached a particularly loud scene and the sleeping student, who I now sat across from, finally stirred. He sat up, stretched, a looked around confusedly. After some discussion with the other students he stood up, bowed to me, said sorry and goodbye, grabbed his bag, and left.

According to my students He had been sleeping since the class period just after lunch...he had slept for 4 hours in his desk with no one bothering to wake him.

Poor kid. Only 13 and he's already sleeping that much at school. Sad day.

And yet hilarious. I laughed for quite awhile afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment